Hey there, I’m Sarah North.
I am a writer and adventure guide. Currently I write about public health and I am a part-time backpacking guide and adventure planner. Over the years, my work has involved sustainable development initiatives in Nepal and teaching & writing for the outdoor co-operative, REI.
In my spare time, I enjoy trail running, cycling, photography, training for my next mountaineering objective, and a bit of tomfoolery. Oh, and I enjoy writing and producing short films of my adventures here at Further Along.
Backpacking & Guiding Experience:
- Lead 4 group trips to Nepal to visit and experience sustainable-development initiatives to prevent trafficking
- Worked for REI for 5 years as a camping specialist. I helped outfit people for adventures, taught classes for REI’s Outdoor School, and wrote the company’s pack fit training materials (a good fitting backpack is everything!). I also received REI’s Anderson Award for Atlanta.
- Lead students on week-long backpacking & rafting trips in western Pennsylvania
- Traveled to 17 countries and arranged international logistics
- Summited Mt. Rainier and trekked to Annapurna Base Camp.
- Backpacked more miles than I can count in North Carolina, Georgia, Utah, Arizona, Virginia, and Washington and guided friends to some of the very best places along the way.
Interested in a trip or want help planning your next adventure? Learn about guided adventure trips I offer or contact me: email@example.com